Soup to Nuts: MMS at a SharePoint Saturday near you
Soup to Nuts: Everything you need to know about the MMS at SharePoint Saturday
4/17 – Atlanta
5/1 – Houston
others to be announced
SharePointSaturday’s are free events held all across the world. They promote learning and interaction in the local SharePoint communities.
I’ll be speaking at SPS (ATL, HOU, …) about the Managed Metadata Service. Here are just some of the things I’ll cover:
– What is the MMS and what does it offer?
– How is it any different that the BCS?
– Enterprise architecture
– Small businesses architecture
– How access zones (internet, intranet, and extranets) affect your architecture
– The different ways to populate the MMS
– MMS Security considerations
– How to configure Content Type Syndication
– Configuration considerations for Content Type Syndication
– Using PowerShell to perform maintence tasks
– Using C# to perform developer tasks
– Linking Fields/Columns to MMS
– How to use the MMS in your custom applications